As set out in the Corporate Governance Policy and Code of Conduct, Banpu Power Public Company Limited is committed to high standards of corporate governance best practices towards all groups of stakeholders. This policy aims to provide a mechanism to enable employees to report any wrongdoing in a responsible and effective manner. The company will treat all such disclosures in a confidential and sensitive manner. This policy is designed to protect employees who report any wrongdoing of the company against the law, rules and regulations, corporate governance policy and code of conduct.
Scope of Policy
The policy is designed to enable employees to disclose information of any wrongdoing against the law, rules and regulations, corporate governance policy and code of conduct, for instance :
- Fraud, Embezzlement, Theft
- Dishonesty for own and others benefit
- Dangers to health and safety or the environment
- Intentional act causing harm or loss to the Company
- Significant breaches of the Code of Conduct
- Assistance in wrongdoing against the law, rules and regulations, corporate governance policy and code of conduct including concealing or assisting in concealing once they have occurred.
This policy is designed to build confidence for employees that their complaints will be treated seriously and there will not be any intimidation as a result of raising genuine concerns in good faith and their identities will remain confidential at all times. However, the employees should exercise due care to ensure the accuracy of the information disclosed before filing a complaint.
Protection of Whistleblowers
The company will not unfairly treat employees, temporary employees, or outsourced persons, whether through changes in position, nature of work, locations of work, suspension, threats, obstruction of work, termination of work, or any unfair act to these people on the ground that they:
- Provide information, cooperation, or assistance in any manner in relation to reporting on violation of law, rules and regulations, corporate governance policy and code of conduct,
- Give testimony, submit evidence, or be a witness in an investigation on examination if there is doubt of the violation of law, rules and regulations, corporate governance policy or code of conduct.
An identity of a whistleblower, report-related information, and the conduct of an investigation shall be kept confidential by all participants involved. However, under some circumstances the participants may disclose the information if the disclosure is required by law or by the proceedings in accordance with the Company's rules. Disciplinary action and/or legal action may be taken against any person found to have intentionally disclosed confidential information.
If an employee intentionally makes a false or bad-faith allegation towards an accused, this will be treated as a breach of code of conduct and he or she shall be subjected to disciplinary action in accordance with the Company’s rules and regulations.
Employees who detect or have reasonable grounds for suspecting malpractice or misconduct may report to one of the following channels:
- Letter to Secretary to the Corporate Governance and Nomination Committee
- Banpu Power Public Company Limited
- 26th Floor, Thanapoom Tower,
- 1550 New Petchburi Road,
- Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
- Company website - complaints handling : https://www.banpupower.com/complaints_handling
Investigation will be undertaken carefully but quickly as possible in line with the nature and severity of the allegation / complaint without affecting the quality and efficiency of the investigation. Initial stages of investigation will be to seek for a conclusion of the enquiry and provide a recommendation to the Corporate Governance and Compliance Division within 2 weeks.
- In case there is sufficient evidence to support the allegation / complaint, a full investigation will beconducted with the objective to ensure whether the alleged malpractice has occurred. The pattern of the investigation may vary depending on the circumstances. The investigation is needed to be carried out under strict terms of confidentiality. The employee making the complaint may be contacted for further information.
- The investigation team will inform the complainantof the findings of the investigation and its outcome through appropriate communication channels.
- When the allegation was proven, Senior management will decide what action to take e.g. disciplinary punishment or any other appropriate measures.
- The company appreciates the employee who reportss the wrongdoing, and confirms that no employee making a genuine complaint will suffer from the reporting of the breach or suspected breach of law, rules and regulations and corporate governance and code of conduct.
Penalty for Breach of this Policy
A person who, either intentionally or negligently, fails to comply with this policy, or commits an act of harassment, threatens, or imposes disciplinary punishment , or inflicts unfair treatment upon a complainant or any person involved in the reporting, is considered to have committed a disciplinary offence and shall be liable for damage suffered by to the company or any other person, including any other liability otherwise provided by law.